Interview guidelines for the applicants who want to study Islamic Studies at AIT
The applicants who want to study Islamic Studies at Azerbaijan Institute of Theology which was established by President Ilham Aliyev's Decree dated February 9, 2018, will be interviewed by the Religious and Psychological Commission after test exams for the 3rd major group.
The minimal score for the participation in the interview is 150.
The Religious and Psychological Commission established by the State Examination Center includes experts, psychologists and employees of the State Committee on Religious Associations of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
The interview aims to check the general knowledge of applicants, their religious outlook, psychological condition and creative thinking skills through special methodology.
The successful candidates will be assessed as “satisfactory”. These candidates will further participate in the major selection process for the registration in Islamic Studies held by the State Examination Center.
Note: The successful candidates should specify their major and confirm online application form until the deadline. Otherwise, they will not be able to participate in the next stage.
The interview will assess:
1. Applicants’ religious knowledge and outlook:
- Knowledge on the world religions including Islam
- Awareness of the global and local religious landscape
- Awareness of religious radicalism, fanaticism and extremism.
2. Religious views and secularism:
- The place and role of religion in general world outlook
- Views on national, spiritual and religious values
- The attitude towards the place and role of religion in modern society
3. Psychological eligibility for Islamic Studies major:
- The attitude towards working as a religious figure
- Statehood and patriotic position
- Communication skills
- Public speaking skills
4. Views on tolerance and multiculturalism
- Views on tolerance and multiculturalism
- Attitude towards religious pluralism
- Eligibility from the aspect of multicultural and tolerant behavior