Journal of Religious Studies
The Journal of Religious Studies is published biannually in accordance with the requirements of the Higher Attestation Commission under the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan for academic journals as well as international standards in this field. The editorial board consists of local as well as international academics from different countries such as Turkey, Russia, Iran and Switzerland. Peer reviewers’ anonymity is protected. The journal publishes articles on religion, philosophy, psychology, sociology and other fields written by both local and international scholars.
1. Manuscripts should be prepared in accordance with the publication rules of the Higher Attestation Commission (HAC) and Azerbaijan Institute of Theology.
2. Articles submitted for publication should be a new research that are previously unpublished.
3. Author’s name, affiliation and e-mail address should follow the title of the article.
4. The abstract and keywords should be written beneath the author’s name at least in three languages (English, Russian and the language of the article). The word count for summaries is 200-250. Abstracts should display titles of articles and author names fully. Abstract and keywords should precede the introduction. Translations of abstracts should follow the reference list.
5. Abstracts written in different languages should be the same as the original and should coincide with the content of the article. They should highlight the findings, novelty and importance of the article.
6. The text of the article should be in A4 paper size, Times New Roman, 12 pt font size, with single space. The left margin should be 3 cm and right margin 1 cm. Top and bottom margins should be 2 cm.
7. Articles can be written in Azerbaijani, Turkish, English, Russian as well as Arabic and should have one hard copy (electronic forms on CD).
8. The article and the review by an academic expert should be submitted in person by the author to the editorial office (Azerbaijan Institute of Theology, Azerbaijan, Baku, AZ1141, Ahmad Jamil 41A). The author should write the submission date and sign the paper before submission.
9. Articles should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Citations should be given in brackets indicating author’s surname, publication date and pages, e.g. (Bunyadov 2007, 17-21).
If an author has two or more works published in the same year, the citations will be given as follows: (Bunyadov 2007 (1), 31-36) or (Bunyadov 2007 (2), 42-55). Authors should note 1/2 in brackets after the the surname, name and year of publication in reference list, e.g. (Bunyadov Ziya (2007/1), 31-36) or Bunyadov Ziya (2007/2) 42-55).
11. Reference list should be written at the end of the article. It should be arranged in accordance with Higher Attestaion Comission requirements: Author's surname and name; publication year; book; article; full name of the symposium or other events (name and surname of the translator); publishing house; publisher’s name should be indicated.
12. Articles should refer to scientific articles, monographs and other reliable sources of the last 5-10 years.
13. The total volume of the article should be 6-15 pages.
14. Articles should include introductions, conclusions and at least two chapters.
15. Authors are responsible for the quality, authenticity and other issues concerning articles.
16. UOT and PACS numbers should be included.
As of 2020, the Journal of Religious Studies was included in the list of recommended philosophy and psychology publications approved by the Higher Attestation Commission under the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
Contact person: Elnara Agaoglu
Phone: (012) 510 65 45; 510 39 61 (ext: 156)
(070) 250 05 27